- Created on 14 January 2013
Gum Tree Catering is a all events catering company providing delicious food for our corporate, private and special occasion customers. We are currently searching for positive, enthusiastic individuals with an accomplished background in cooking. As a prep cook, your skills and knowledge of food will make the customers experience exceptional.
As a prep cook you will be responsible for:
- Food preparation, chopping vegetables, making salads and putting together entrees.
- Ensuring that food is properly stored.
- Performing kitchen maintenance; emptying the trash, mopping floors and washing dishes.
- Learns and adheres to the designated cooking methods to assist in preparing the appropriate menu items consistently.
- Strives to learn to improve cooking skills and expands knowledge about food products and techniques.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager
As a successful candidate, you will have a positive and professional attitude, a genuine interest in pursuing a career in the culinary arts, an interest in acquiring and developing new skills, and the ability to work effectively in team environments. You currently hold your Food Safe certificate and are able to meet the physical requirements of the position including standing for long periods of time, navigating stairs, and lifting fifty to seventy-five pounds on a regular basis. You will also be able to commit to a flexible schedule, being available afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
Essential qualifications and skills:
- Completion of college or other program in cooking or relevant experience
- Several years of commercial cooking experience are required.
Please note that only those being interviewed will be contacted.